Did you know?
- Every 12 minutes, someone in Canada begins to lose their vision.
- Each day, CNIB specialists spend more than 1,300 hours providing direct support to people who are blind or partially sighted across Canada.
- Donations made to CNIB are invested back into the communities from which they were given.
- CNIB ensures Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life.
- CNIB offers personalized rehabilitation support that helps Canadians overcome the challenges of vision loss and be more independent.
- You don’t have to be totally blind to come to CNIB for support (in fact, nine out of 10 people CNIB helps have some degree of vision), and you don’t need a referral of any kind.
- Less than 35 per cent of CNIB’s total funding comes from government sources, so CNIB relies on public donations to help CNIB be there for all those who need services.
- CNIB helps people in every province across Canada, and delivers services right where their clients need them – over the phone, online, or in their clients’ own homes, communities and local CNIB offices.
If you need CNIB services, all you have to do is call the toll-free CNIB Helpline at 1-800-563-2642 or visit cnib.ca.